Monday, March 25, 2013

A to do list, kind of.

I almost deleted the blog. I've gotten a LOT of spam comments on the dang thing since last October and get emails with the stupid things every time I get one and I'd just about had it. Then Miles suggested that I put one of those Word Verification things on here so we shall see. I've been resistant to it so far so I apologize if it's slightly more inconvenient if you do comment. I could just delete it, of course. I don't mind doing that.

Because I have TOO MUCH else on my mind. I had an interesting and inconvenient health circumstance from November-December. If we keep up then you know, but feel free to get ahold of me if you're curious.  But anyway, I think since I've recovered from all that I'm overly passionate. About everything. And I was pretty passionate before, so watch out now. Especially if I have caffeine, which makes me feel like I can EXPLODE out of my skin.

And because I seriously love lists, here is some of the stuff I'm excited about/want to do:

-Make a spring wreath. Even if we're supposed to get snow tomorrow it's almost April and time to do this.
-Buy a Meyer's lemon tree. It started here. Then went here, then led to the real thing, which is this.
-Read my Bible more.
-Be more thankful. And intentional.
-Eat healthier.
-Design more. For work and my house. Stuff like this.
-Exercise more. Including walking/running/biking with my dogs. With their ridiculous and awesome new backpack.
-Repair the deteriorating brick on our house. That's a long story, but it'll happen.
-Research composting and build a compost bin. Like this one.
-Get a free piano off Craigslist (like this one, only free) and learn to play it.
-Get to bed earlier and rise earlier. This is not natural for me. Since I was an infant I've been a night owl... you can ask my family. But I need more hours in the day.
-Make a lotion. Like this one, kinda.
-Make my house prettier. Add wallpaper like this and embroider this and build this.
-Do crazier stuff on a horse. Like jump more and this.
-Sew more. Like this and this and this.
-Garden more. Granted it's 20 degrees outside and supposed to snow tomorrow and my gardens will continue to look like crap, but I'd love to plant them and make them pretty. Also, aside from the lemon tree I really want in my girly room and compost thingy outside, I'd like to have herbs in a window garden. Probably in the kind of cute terracotta pots that abound on Pinterest. Wouldn't that be nice?
-Make pillows for the girly room. Like this and this and these and with this on it.
-Keep seeing friends a lot. Intentionally grab the ones who we don't see enough.
-Read again. I just finished this book tonight and it was pretty cute.

There's definitely more but I'll stop for everyone's sake (like travel more and take Miles to Montana, etc). I have too much to do. And I just got back from skiing in Utah with Miles' family which means it's 2:42 am and I'm wired. And bruised, but that's beside the point. I'm afraid to drink caffeine tomorrow for fear of getting fired just to shut me up. Oh the conundrums.

Also, I apologize if you opened up even half of those links, even if I do think they're fabulous. I think I spend too much time getting excited about stuff online, and that's my real problem. If you agree... I don't know if I want you to tell me.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and that we get to talk soon. And I've done some stuff I could update on the blog, so we'll see. I made a triangle quilt, which was horrible but I love it. Story of my sewing life... But, it's worthy of a post so maybe it'll get that.

Okay, what I'm trying real hard to focus on:

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:13-14

“Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked... Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.” Psalms 84:10-12

3 comments:

  1. So...I'm nosy. And weirdly interested in health and stuff like that, so what happened? And how was the rest of your trip? You guys ended up coming out and getting the best snow of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't delete this. I love shamelessly stalking all your adorable crafts and keeping up with the pups and Miles! LOVE LOVE LOVE a bunch of your links. You have such cute taste!! :) Hope things are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete